Sunday, February 8, 2009

The First Tasting

02-08-09, Well I was going to do this on the 6th, but once again Mardis Gras came first. We take our Mardis Gras serious here in Louisiana. I need to put up a Mardis Gras page. This weekend was our local parade and my niece is the princess of the local krewe. Anyway, back to business. I drew a little sample out of the barrel to compare to the control.

The control is on the left and the sample from the barrel is on the right. The product from the barrel has picked up some color from the char. The smell is even more mellow with just a touch of the oak. The taste was a little smoother with a touch of the oak as well. It is not there yet, but there is a distinct difference in just a little over a weeks time. I poured the sample back in the barrel and we will take another look next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment